Tuesday 2 August 2011

I Want Today to Be Different

As today is a new day, I want a new day, feel it, I want today to be different from my typical day. Today I want to focus on what I have, no matter how much I could have become commonplace in the past. Today I want to magnify what is good and I want to minimize what I perceived as bad. Everything is on the back to basics in this new direction. Swimming as a daily routine, once you learn to swim is pretty basic and repetitive.
No one complains of being repetitive when it comes to breathing. We do everything in our lives and we are completely happy as we can! So today, I thought I woke up, I want today to be different. I'm human, I see my faults, I see where I can improve, I want and I hope I can continue to improve. I recognize that most of the morning, I woke up thinking the biggest hole in my life, which was the separation from my children.



Today I wanted to focus on what I can put a smile on my face and take out of my sulk presence. It seemed to me that the most basic thing that I can be is grateful to be alive, to be able to breathe, to feel healthy, healthier, pushing me to become stronger, challenging me to learn more. And every time now when my thoughts turn to my children, I'll focus on what I can be thankful they are healthy, they have their own opportunities in life and that 'they have their own way. I want to feel excited today to take action where I can, to clean everything I can, both physically, mentally and spiritually. I want to clean the house, actually and metaphorically.
Today I want to be grateful even for small crumbs and realize they are not crumbs. Breathing is life itself, should not it enough to give me a sense of gratitude, keep me smiling. Today I want to eat healthy food, enjoy the day, get in my swim, without pumps today because I did yesterday, get papers that I've been procrastinating on, make my homework (yes I am still in school), early on my last project, cleaning the house, have healthy thoughts for breakfast, lunch and dinner and keep moving forward.
There is no doubt that it is a challenge. We are creatures of our own habits. Who knows where we have taken some when we were children, some of their parents, some teachers, some of the films, some of our own natures. The point is to identify those seeds that do not really improve our life experience and work on replacing them with habits that are really valuable. I think we are all entertaining, or admire a person grows in their abilities.
Generally, we apply this to physical abilities such as baseball, sports, football, basketball, Olympics. We even pay to watch swinging a bat in a game or a swim meet. Can we also do not admire our own efforts to develop ourselves? Breaking the habit of focusing on the negative is not simple. A habit is ingrained. The thoughts pop into your head without asking for them.
Breaking the habit that you want to ax is not easy, whether smoking, overeating, moping, sulking, complaining, jealousy, these habits are not easy to break. Is there anyone here who has a habit you want to break? Is there anyone here who wants to work on today is different from all the previous days? (For those habits).
Is there anyone here who wants to focus on having the best possible light, including minimizing these thoughts, the habits that produce pain or distress will produce for us in the future and maximizing thoughts that keep us energized and feel good? I'm not expert, I'll just do my best, I know I have a huge challenge in front of me, but I think we can all support each other in making changes that are good for us.
Even great athletes want, need, appreciate the support of their fans that encourage them to hit the home run, to serve as a mark or other purpose. Why should we not apply this here? Why not apply the same principles. Each player has a bad at bat. They strike out, foul balls, hits never go into a slump, but every coach and fan knows that it is more useful to encourage them.

No comments:

Post a Comment